As a result of the on going expansion of Chevron Alarms we are always looking for new members of staff. We pride ourselves on our ability to design and install the larger security systems with our own manufactured high quality finishes on domestic systems (see New Build Design), as well as commercial sites, installing Intruder, CCTV, Access Control and Fire Alarms Systems.
Security Systems Engineer
Chevron Alarms are a leading installer & maintainer of electronic fire & security systems and seek an experienced Security Systems Engineer.
The Company provides Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance of Electronic Fire and Security Systems for a large variety of commercial, local authority and domestic clients throughout Surrey, Berkshire & surrounding areas.
This role will be very diverse; installing & maintaining Intruder Alarms, CCTV, Access Control and Fire Alarms.
Key responsibilities include; carrying out a rolling programme of preventative maintenance, installation and commissioning works.
To be successful in this position you will have/be;
- Significant experience installing and / or servicing a wide product base within the electronic security industry – typically Access Control, CCTV and Intruder alarm systems.
- An enthusiastic team player who is able to work well under pressure and maintain a professional approach at all times.
- Knowledge of electrical components such as relays and resistors, as well as ability to read multi-meter’s, continuity meter’s etc. and be able to take basic readings.
- Good attention to detail in order to ensure that all paperwork is correctly completed and procedures are followed within the allotted timescales.
- Broad IT knowledge, e.g. software installation into Windows Operating Systems, IP based systems and networking principles.
- 5 year checkable employment history & Right to work in UK/EU unrestricted – full security screening & driving licence checks will be carried out on the successful applicant.
- Basic Salary: £ Negotiable, dependant on experience & knowledge) + Overtime & Call Out.
- Additional Standby & Call Out payments (Currently the ‘On Call Rota’ is 1 week in 8)
- Paid Holiday: Starting at 20 Days per year then an additional day for each year served (up to a maximum of 25 days in year 5) as well as 8 Public/Bank holidays each year and additional days off in lieu if on Call Out on Public/Bank Holiday’s or over the Christmas ‘Shut Down’ Period.
- We will supply 18v Drill, 36v SDS Drill, Multi-Meter, Battery Tester, Test Monitor, Laptop, Company Uniform, PPE equipment and all other specialist equipment required (You will be expected to supply your own hand tools)
- Mobile Phone – Smart phone – Galaxy Note or Similar
- Contributory Company Pension
- Company Van – with Fuel Card
If you think you have the skills that we are looking for please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your details, a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae.